Learning and Memory are very amazing. What is the best way to learn and how can we remember best, such as spaced- or massed-learning, does repetition learning can help us to remember things better. What indices are effective for us to predict memory performance? We are using both functional MRI and EEG techniques to figure out these questions. We also expect to use these indices to develop useful tool for educational institutions to help them to evaluate and improve students’ learning performance in the near further. By the way, I am also interested in how to eliminate negative memory and help people such as PTSD patients to erase terrible memories non-invasively.
1. Yang, Haiyan, Cai, Ying, Liu, Qi, Wang, Qiang, Zhao, Xiao, Chen, Chuansheng, & Xue, Gui. (2015). Differential neural correlates underlie judgment of learning and subsequent memory performance.
Frontiers in Psychology, section Cognitive Science
. (In press)
2. Zhao, Xiao, Wang, Changming, Liu, Qi, Xiao, Xiaoqian, Jiang, Ting, Chen, Chuansheng, & Xue, Gui. (2015). Neural mechanisms of the spacing effect in episodic memory: A parallel EEG and fMRI study.
, 76-92. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cortex.2015.04.002
3. Tang, Dandan, Zhao, Xiao, & Chen, Antao. (2014). The Task-Relevant Attribute Representation Can Mediate the Simon Effect.
Plos One, 9
(3). doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0090954
4. Zhao, Xiao, Chen, Antao, & West, Robert. (2010). The influence of working memory load on the Simon effect.
Psychonomic Bulletin & Review, 17
(5), 687-692. doi: 10.3758/pbr.17.5.687
5. Chen, Xuefei, Jiang, Jun, Zhao, Xiao, & Chen, Antao. (2010). Effects of Practice on Semantic Conflict and Response conflict in the Stroop Task. [练习对Stroop效应中语义冲突和反应冲突的影响].
Psychological Science, 33
6. Jiang, Jun, Chen, Xuefei, Zhao, Xiao, & Chen, Antao. (2010). The Influence of Emotion on Attention: An Analysis Based on Attention Network. [情绪对注意的影响:基于注意网络的分析].
Journal of Southwest University. Natural Science Edition, 32
7. Zhao, Xiao. (2009).
Love your study: avoid weary of studying.
[爱上你的学业（中学生如何克服厌学）]. Chongqing: Chongqing press.