Apply no later than:
We invite applications from motivated, creative, and highly qualified postdoctoral researchers to join the Center for Brain and Cognitive Learning Sciences (CBLS) in the State Key Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience and Learning, Beijing Normal University (http://cbls.bnu.edu.cn/
). CBLS strives to understand human learning mechanisms and to develop brain-enhancement technologies. Within this theme, we have a very broad range of topics focusing on the neural mechanisms of learning and memory, the genetic and environmental factor that contribute to the development of learning capacities and developmental disorders, such as ADHD and LD, as well as brain-based approaches to improve learning efficiency. Researchers who are trained in cognitive neuroscience, developmental psychology, cognitive neurogenetics, and fMRI and EEG data analysis, and learning and memory are encouraged to apply. We welcomes competitive candidates from all over the world.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on the ongoing projects in the CBLS. You will guide students (undergraduate and graduate level) and contribute to writing papers, grant proposals and reports. You will report on your research at national in international meetings. You will also have great opportunities to develop your own research program and apply your own funding.
- Ph.D in neuroscience, cognitive science, psychology, computer science, or related discipline
- Research background on developmental psychology, cognitive neurogenetics, or learning and memory is preferable
- Analytical skills and have experience with one or more methods our lab uses (e.g. MRI, fMRI, EEG, ECOG, brain stimulation, genetic bioinformatics, computational biology…)
- Programming experience (preferably but not necessarily in Matlab) is essential
- Good communication and writing skills in English language
- The postdoctoral researcher will have the opportunity to work with a lively and interdisciplinary group of researchers and students, as well as our international collaborators.
- CBLS has state-of-art facilities (see http://cbls.bnu.edu.cn/plus/list.php?tid=8 for more information).
- You will have the opportunity to working the largest gene-brain-behavior datasets that consistent of more than 3000 samples of healthy adults and children.
- You can also work on various topics of learning and memory such as neural mechanism for effective learning, false memory, cognitive aging, ADHD, cognitive training.
- We will offer globally competitive salary that is commensurate with experiences.
Inquiries and applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please mention postdoctoral position in the subject line of the message and include:
- A CV
- Research statement
- Expected starting date